Rowan is an admitted attorney with right of appearance in the High Court of South Africa having graduated from the University of Pretoria with an LL.B. in 2012, and having been admitted to practice in 2015. He also holds a Degree of Master of Science with specialisation in Investigative Journalism from the University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
Moving in a new direction, Rowan joined us as an associate partner in early 2020 having practised at a reputable international law firm for some time. He specialises in all things employment law related, with experience in:
- Drafting & reviewing employment agreements for senior executives;
- Restraint of trade litigation and drafting restraint of trade agreements;
- Preparing all legal process in applications and referrals in the Labour Court, CCMA, bargaining councils and other dispute resolution/private arbitration forums;
- Preparation of general civil legal process in the other courts;
- Legal research and preparation of legal opinions & solutions/advice for clients;
- Chairing & prosecuting of internal disciplinary hearings;
- Running & reviewing retrenchment processes;
- Collective labour disputes including strike interdicts;
- Advice on transfers of contracts of employment;
- Employment law and industrial relations training;
- Drafting & preparation of employment policies i.e. disciplinary & social media policies; and
- Conducting internal investigations and report writing for blue chip clients.
Rowan takes a keen interest in and routinely advises on social media related matters in the workplace and restraint of trade litigation. His approach to legal issues is dogged, pragmatic and strategic with the aim of providing professional and cost effective business-orientated solutions.
Rowan is a member of SASLAW and is involved in the pro bono office at the Labour Court. In his spare time, Rowan enjoys the outdoors and travelling.