Sectional Title Disputes
HJW Attorneys offers this specialised service which sees a collaboration between owners, trustees and managing agents. It focuses on mediation over ownership and distribution with the aim of resolving any disputes agreeably.
We provide quality legal advice to the following bodies and/or persons in matters pertaining to Sectional Titles and Home Owners Associations including but not limited to:
- Owners of units in a Sectional Title complex;
- trustees of Body Corporates;
- Managing Agents;
- Home Owners Associations (including the drafting of Memorandum of Incorporations for Home Owners Associations);
- directors and owners who require advice on the New Companies Act;
Our legal advice and expertise extensively covers many areas, including:
- The Sectional Titles Act;
- The Rules and Regulations promulgated in terms of the Sectional Titles Act as well as the newly promulgated Sectional Titles Management Act; and
- The Companies Act and Regulations.
Purchase and Sale Advice/ Sale Disputes
The purchase of property, especially for first-time buyers, may seem riddled with legalities and leaves the buyer with many questions around their rights, what they are entitled to ask and uncertainty about their responsibilities to the seller. Understanding the impact of the offer to purchase on the transaction will ensure that the buyer feels more secure in the decision to invest in a specific property.
It is important that both the buyer and the seller take the time to properly read and understand all the terms and conditions in the offer to purchase as it has far-reaching consequences if either commits a breach.
At HJW Attorneys we have qualified Conveyancers and Property Law Attorneys who are able to advise fully on the terms of the offer to purchase and the remedies available in the event of any breach of the agreement.
We are able to assist with mediation, arbitration and/or approaching the Ombudsman/Court should a dispute arise with regards to any levy payments.