Social media has become one of the most prominent forms of communication in the world today. Most people use social media in both their personal and professional lives which has had the effect of blurring the boundary between the personal and professional. As such, statements on social media made in a private context can often have an impact in the professional arena. Messages conveyed via social media may have numerous ramifications which can lead to legal prosecution, dismissals and defamatory claims.
Our specialised social media lawyers have broad knowledge and experience in handling defamation claims and related legal matters. We are proficient at cost-effective dispute resolution without compromising on the desired result and are able to assist with, inter alia, the following:
- Liaising with various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube regarding defamatory content about you;
- dealing with disputes arising in respect of social media;
- increasing the awareness of users of social media on the legal risks through legal training;
- drafting social media policies and/or reviewing existing social media policies;
- giving advice and practical guidance in relation to social media issues.